Eureka Crate by KiwiCo
Eureka Crate is inspiring the next generation of innovators, thinkers, and makers with hands-on lessons on the design and engineering of everyday objects. Made for those 12 and up, Eureka Crate invites your child to explore scientific principles through building amazing projects. From an articulated desk lamp to stereo headphones to a wooden ukulele, your child will be making awesome-yet-practical objects that teach them about core STEAM concepts!
Save 30% on your first month! Use this link to get the deal.
|Ships||From US to US/CA/UK/AUS.|
|Shipping||Free Shipping to the US, $6.95 to Canada|
|Type of Box||Curated Subscription|
|Features||Cancel Online, Different Versions Available, Has Store, Skippable|
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – MECHANICAL GLOBEReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – VENDING MACHINEReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – RIVET PRESSReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – MAKER STATIONReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – PROGRAMMABLE MUSIC BOXReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – ADJUSTABLE TABLE FANReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – INDOOR GOLF SETReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – GRAVITY TIMERReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – PRINTING PRESSReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – HAND PUMPReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – 2-IN-1 LANTERNReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – TILT-AND-FOLD DESKReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – TABLE TENNISReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – CARD SHUFFLING MACHINEReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – COIN SORTING MACHINEReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – TRASHKETBALLReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – SOAP DISPENSERReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – PINBALL MACHINEReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – MECHANICAL LOCK BOXReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – ELECTRONIC PENCIL SHARPENERReviews
Eureka Crate Review + Coupon – STEREO HEADPHONESReviews
Eureka Crate by KiwiCo Spoilers (1)
Eureka Crate by KiwiCo News (1)
Subscribing to Eureka Crate
Has your child ever taken apart a clock to see how it works? Are they interested in coding? Do they love solving a Rubik’s cube? Then they’re going to flip for Eureka Crate!
Keeping a teen with an active mind busy can be a challenge. Fortunately, when Eureka Crate arrives on your doorstep each month, you’ll have everything you need to complete fascinating DIY projects, activities, and crafts. Each box comes stuffed to the brim with all the materials, guidance, and inspiration your child needs to dive into the world of engineering.
Every Eureka Crate is designed by child development and education experts, then tested rigorously by kids to ensure that they’re engaging, universally appealing, and fun. While projects may be difficult, the instructions provided are always detailed, clear, and easy to understand. If you want to nurture your child’s interest in science, math, engineering, and related fields, then Eureka Crate is the way to go!
How Does a Eureka Crate Subscription Work?
Eureka Crate is from KiwiCo, a company that’s getting kids excited about STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) through amazing, expertly designed projects. KiwiCo believes that the best learning is done by doing, which is why all their crates involve interactive, hands-on projects.
Topics your teen will explore with Eureka Crate include electronics, energy, momentum, optics, mechanics, and more. Each activity explores how to use creative problem-solving skills in order to solve real-world problems and needs.
With your Eureka Crate subscription, every month you’ll get a box with high-quality parts to build an incredible engineering project, a maker’s guide with step-by-step instructions, and materials that dive into the history behind the design. Every box includes hours of entertainment, challenge, and discovery!
How Much Does Eureka Crate Cost?
Eureka Crate costs $26.95 to $32.95 per month for subscriptions that renew automatically. Like all KiwiCo subscriptions, you save more money by making a longer commitment.
For one month, the cost is $32.95; three months is $30.95 per month; six months is $28.95 per month, and twelve months is $26.95 per month. These subscriptions come with FREE shipping to U.S. addresses including Alaska and Hawaii! Who doesn’t love free shipping?
Termed subscriptions–those that don’t renew automatically–are also available and involve paying up front for the duration of the subscription.
Are you ready to take the plunge with Eureka Crate? Get a discount on your first box by clicking on this link!
Pros & Cons of Eureka Crate
Eureka Crate is loved by parents and teens alike. Here’s some of what they appreciate about this subscription:
- The projects are FUN: The bottom line is that your kid will have a blast with these crates. The results are really cool from making a pinball arcade game to an electric pencil sharpener. Your kid will want to do these projects and marvel at what they’ve made. After all, these activities go through extensive testing to make sure that teens find them engaging.
- Super convenient: Eureka Crate activities are complex to complete but ridiculously easy to start. You don’t have to run around setting everything up for your child–or bug them to do it. You don’t need to go to the store for materials. Everything arrives in the box ready to go.
- Developing new skills: These crates are designed by experts to hit multiple learning goals. While your teen will certainly master concepts in engineering and science, they’ll also develop abilities in critical thinking and problem-solving. Eureka Crate encourages independent learning as well. Your teen will spend hours puzzling over the best way to build these useful objects.
- Fantastic instructions: Because Eureka Crate includes advanced concepts, it’s crucial to include excellent instructions. Fortunately, KiwiCo excels in this area, including just the right amount of information along with detailed illustrations. They also have troubleshooting sections, video tutorials, and more so that your junior engineer will always have enough support.
- Inspiring creativity: You might associate creativity with artsy pursuits, but the reality is that building and engineering include plenty of out-of-the-box thinking. Tinkering will trigger creativity and curiosity, and your teen may start new DIY projects all on their own. You never know what they’ll make once they get started with Eureka Crate!
- High-quality materials: The goal with Eureka Crate is for makers to create objects that you’ll use every day for years to come. That’s why all the materials included are of top-notch quality. All this comes at a reasonable price as well.
- More than a theory: Your teen probably spends plenty of time reading textbooks, listening to lectures, and gazing at PowerPoints. But Eureka Crate offers a different, more exciting side of science and engineering where it’s all about doing. The goal of every KiwiCo crate is to get the minds of young innovators and inventors working!
If your child has shown little interest in science and engineering, then this crate may not be for them. KiwiCo has plenty of crates for children with other interests. For example, the Maker Crate focuses on art and design and the Atlas Crate is all about culture and geography.
These projects do take time to complete. Make sure that you build time into your busy daily schedule for each Eureka Crate. It’s the perfect choice for a rainy Sunday or a hot summer day when you want to stay in the air conditioning.
What Does a Eureka Crate Contain?
Let’s take a look at a few examples of what to expect when each box arrives at your home.
- Wooden ukulele: With this project, your teen will build a four-string concert ukulele. Building a ukulele is a process that involves multiple steps, including stringing and tuning the instrument. This activity explores the science of sound waves and teaches the design history of this classic Hawaiian instrument. In no time at all, your teen will be playing “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”!
- Vending machine: Your teen will learn about the science and history behind the vending machine. Once they’ve completed making their own vending machine, they can use it to get their own capsules with miniature erasers, stickers, accessories, and more. Complete with a set of rotating gears, the vending machine is sure to be a hit with your family.
- Articulated desk lamp: Explore how mechanical equilibrium works in the real world by constructing a desk lamp that’s adjustable to a wide range of positions. This cantilevered lamp utilizes springs and pulleys so that it has a full range of motion. The box comes with an energy-efficient LED bulb as well as three lampshades for different color choices.
- Electric pencil sharpener: This project explores electric motors and torque. The final product is an electromechanical pencil sharpener that has automatic pencil detection. The kit comes complete with a pencil set and a notebook for your child to take down ideas and inventions. Just like all Eureka Crates, the end product is something you’ll be able to use every day–it won’t simply sit around cluttering up your home.
It’s worth noting that every kit also comes with a manual that takes your child through exactly how to build the object. If your child is on the younger side, you may want to provide additional support when necessary. This is especially true if your child doesn’t quite have the fine motor skills to complete every single step.
Is the Eureka Crate Worth It?
For parents who want to encourage their kids to learn and explore via hands-on learning, the Eureka Crate is totally worth it. Your teen will be thrilled when a package addressed to them lands on your doorstep each month. They will complete projects they can be proud of and show off while learning fundamental STEAM concepts.
While there are plenty of science subscription boxes out there for kids, many of them operate more on a theoretical level. Eureka Crate, on the other hand, has them learn how to complete a project before they learn why. It’s this kind of real-world application that will stick with them in the long run.
Maximizing Your Eureka Crate Subscription
KiwiCo is always offering discounts for new subscribers, so you definitely want to use those. Take advantage of a discounted rate right now by heading to the KiwiCo site!
If you find that Eureka Crate’s projects are too advanced for your child, you can always switch your subscription whenever you like. The Tinker Crate is another great option for awesome, hands-on STEAM projects and activities.
Let’s say that you begin subscribing to Eureka Crate and you love it. Then why not tell a friend? Both you and your friend will receive a $10 discount on your next order!
- How Does Eureka Crate Compare To Other Kids’ Science Subscriptions?
There are plenty of science subscriptions for children out there from MEL Science to Groovy Lab in a Box to the Spangler Science Club. Eureka Crate stands out in a few ways:
- Useful final product: Most other science subscriptions offer laboratory experiments whereas Eureka Crate encourages teens to build objects that are actually useful. It’s not just a chemistry or physics lesson but a chance to make something and solve a real-world problem. This encourages more independent thinking and problem-solving.
- Cost: KiwiCo is known for offering low prices on its subscriptions without sacrificing the quality of the materials they use. Subscriptions start at $26.95 per month, an affordable cost given the complexity of the activities on offer.
- Variety: The range of activities Eureka Crate includes encourages exploration of a range of different subjects. From learning about electronics to mechanics and more, your child will be challenged and entertained with Eureka Crate.
- What Age Range Is Eureka Crate Suited For?
Eureka Crate is for anyone ages 12 and up. In fact, even adults will find these projects rewarding!
- Is It Possible to Cancel a Eureka Crate Subscription?
Yes. You may pause, switch, or cancel your subscription at any time for any reason. All you have to do is log in to your KiwiCo account and follow the steps provided.
- Can I Give Eureka Crate as a Gift?
Absolutely! Subscribe as usual and enter the child’s name, birth date, and other info. If you want to give the crate to the child yourself, put in your address instead. Be sure to check the “Are you giving this as a gift?” box so you can enter a personalized message.
- What Are Eureka Crate’s Shipping Policies?
When you make your first Eureka Crate order, it will ship out in two days. It typically takes three to ten business days to arrive on your doorstep. Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
International shipping to select countries is available for all KiwiCo products. International shipping usually runs about $5-6 extra.
- Do I Get Discounts for Referrals?
Yes! KiwiCo loves when you recommend their subscriptions to your friends and family. You both will get $10 off on your next order!
- What Is the KiwiCo Store?
The KiwiCo Store offers individual crates, toys, activities, projects, and much more. These make great gifts and provide a good alternative for those who don’t want a subscription. Note that KiwiCo Store items do not qualify for free shipping.
- Should I Get the Eureka Crate for My Child?
The satisfaction of building something on your own can’t be replicated. Eureka Crate supports the next generation of innovators and makers through fun, fascinating, challenging projects you can make at home. Designed by experts, Eureka Crate is a hands-on STEAM laboratory that your teen will love.
Interested in starting your Eureka Crate subscription right now? Then check out this discount on your first box!