Hello Subscription independently researches and reviews the best subscriptions and products. Things you buy through our links may earn us a commission.
Ritual ReviewsUpdated May 9, 2023
Ritual delivers obsessively researched supplements, multivitamins, and protein powders directly to your door. They offer daily essentials developed by scientists who have studied diets and genetics to determine what your body needs. Ritual shares its sources, studies, and suppliers for maximum traceability and never includes filler in its products. No pseudoscience or half-truths here–just clean, simple supplements to improve your health and your life.
Save 5% on your first month when you bundle any 2+ Ritual products! Deal applies automatically, just visit and subscribe.
Subscribing to Ritual
Entering the world of supplements can be confusing. Many companies make lofty claims, then fail to deliver on their promises with products that are stuffed full of vitamins and minerals you’re already consuming.
Ritual has become one of the most popular brands for nutritional supplements because they make things clear and simple. They combine this with a commitment to offer greater transparency than many of their competitors. Their multivitamins and protein powders are made from simple, high-quality ingredients and targeted to deliver positive health outcomes.
Ritual’s products are for all ages and stages of life from kids and teens to seniors, pregnant women, and anyone else. The company provides detailed information on how and where every ingredient in every product is sourced, along with the science supporting each formula. All of their products are tested by an independent lab to ensure they’re free of heavy metals and contaminants. Many of their products are certified by third-party organizations as well. Ritual’s multivitamins are made utilizing delayed-release capsules, meaning that they dissolve in the small intestine rather than in the stomach.
The result? It’s everything you need and nothing you don’t. Their intelligently designed products are specially made to fill the gaps in the average American’s diet and never include excessive or counterproductive ingredients.
How Does a Ritual Subscription Work?
Ritual is a monthly subscription for people seeking clean, simple supplements, multivitamins, and protein powders. Start by going to their website and finding the product that’s right for you. Ritual makes it easy to see exactly what you’re getting, and there’s little mystery as to which product is the best for you.
For example, if you’re a 35-year-old woman, you might choose Multivitamin 18+, Essential for Women. There are options for men, pregnant women, teens, kids, and seniors as well. Other popular products include protein shakes and Synbiotic+ for gut health.
When you place an order, you’re automatically signed up for a monthly subscription. Ritual makes it easy to start and cancel a subscription. As you assemble your order, you may be prompted to add a protein powder or Synbiotic+, which you can either accept or decline. If you’re signing up for more than one person, you may be eligible for a discounted bundle rate.
How Much Does Ritual Cost?
Ritual’s products vary in price. Multivitamins start at $33 per month. Daily protein shakes start at $40 per month, or $44 for a one-time purchase. Synbiotic+ is $54 monthly. Shipping is free.
Ritual does not sell its products individually, so you do have to subscribe to access their products. That said, the company offers a 30-day money back guarantee. If you don’t love Ritual’s products after 30 days, you can receive a refund with no questions asked.
If you ever need to edit your subscription or change a delivery date, you can do so by signing into your account. You can also skip a delivery or add products to your subscription.
Benefits & Drawbacks of a Ritual Subscription
- Based on scientific research: Ritual gives you access to all the research that supports the benefits of its products. These formulas are created with the guidance of a medical advisory board and are targeted to specific groups. The company prides itself on the comprehensive research supporting all its products.
- No junk: Unlike some of its competitors, Ritual offers products that are comprised of simple ingredients. These are vegan, GMO-free formulas that include no synthetic fillers or stabilizers. They also provide transparent and detailed information about all of their nutrient sourcing.
- Made to fill in the gaps: Ritual’s team of experts has created multivitamins specifically designed to cover gaps in the average American’s diet. Their supplements include essential nutrients like plant-based omega-3s. What they don’t include is just as important–vitamins and minerals like copper, calcium, and vitamin C aren’t in Ritual’s multivitamins. That’s because the average American gets plenty of them in their diet anyway. The delayed-release capsules can be taken without food.
- Simplicity: Walk into the average supplement store and you’ll be overwhelmed by the choices. Is all of it necessary to be healthy? The answer, of course, is no. Ritual keeps things simple–take two pills daily, and you’re good to go. And they have a limited number of products targeted toward specific health goals.
- Vegan and vegetarian friendly: Unlike many multivitamins and supplements, Ritual’s transparency helps you rest easy knowing that it uses plant-based proteins–not animal-based ones.
- Free shipping and money-back guarantee: Every Ritual product is shipped for free in the US and comes with a money-back guarantee. They’re confident you’ll love Ritual’s products, and if you don’t, you can get a full refund.
- Ritual is somewhat more expensive than other supplements on the market. However, many of these less-expensive competitors don’t provide the same level of research supporting their products.
- If you already have a diet that’s rich in nutrients, then you may not need supplements. Ritual is for those who are looking to fill gaps in their diet, boost their workout regimen with protein powders, or improve their gut health with Synbiotic+.
- For those who are looking for plenty of choices, Ritual may not be the best. For example, some users have mentioned that Ritual only has one flavor of protein powder available.
A Closer Look at Ritual’s Products
Here’s a closer look at some of the company’s most popular products:
- Protein powders: Ritual’s protein powders are designed to build strength, support muscle growth, and deliver a complete amino acid profile.
- Synbiotic+: This is a three-in-one pill including prebiotics, probiotics, and postbiotics all made to support a balanced gut microbiome. This cutting-edge approach to digestive support is made to target undesirable bacteria in the gut and support the growth of beneficial bacteria. The probiotics included also boost immune health by an estimated 70%.
- Prenatal multivitamin: This is the perfect supplement to provide everything your body needs during pregnancy. Includes folate, omega-3 DHA, iron, choline, and more to support neural tube development, brain health, and bone support.
- Multivitamin 18+, Essential for Women: A clinically backed multivitamin for women ages 18 to 49 specifically to address common nutritional gaps. With omega-3s, methylated B12, vitamin D, magnesium, and more, this supplement strengthens brain health, bone health, and blood health while delivering the antioxidants your body needs.
- Multivitamin 50+, Essential for Women: Women who are post-menopause have different needs, and this supplement supports healthy aging. With eight traceable ingredients, Multivitamin 50+, Essential for Women boosts immune system function, muscle function, and heart health.
- Multivitamin 18+, Essential for Men: Including 10 key ingredients such as boron, folate, zinc, magnesium, omega-3 DHA, and more. Designed for men to improve heart health, brain health, muscle function, and immunity.
- Multivitamin Kids 4+, Essential for Kids: Ritual isn’t just for adults. They have kids’ and teens’ supplements as well. With vitamin D3, chelated zinc, omega-3 DHA, and more, these gummies support normal immune function, brain health, bone health, and digestive health.
Each product comes with a complete list of ingredients and sourcing information as well as links to scientific data. For example, in a 12-week clinical trial, the Essential for Women multivitamin showed a 43% increase in vitamin D levels and a 41% percent increase in Omega-3 DHA.
The pamphlet included with the supplements also has plenty of information on the origins of the ingredients. For example, with the Multivitamin 18+, Essential for Men, the omega-3 DHA is made from microalgae in Saskatoon, Canada, the vitamin A is sourced from Sisseln, Switzerland, the vitamin D comes from lichen in Nottingham, UK, and the magnesium is sourced in Ogden, Utah.
Is a Ritual Subscription Worth It?
For many Americans, having a truly balanced diet in which you get all the nutrients you need all of the time isn’t realistic. Ritual delivers by giving you essentials to maximize your health without any filler or harmful additives. They set their products apart from the competition with a true commitment to science combined with industry-leading transparency on ingredient sourcing.
To start your subscription at a discounted rate, check out this link.
Frequently Asked Questions
Persona offers personalized, curated vitamin packs. You start by taking a five-minute assessment to receive vitamin pack recommendations based on your diet, health, exercise, goals, and more. Example packs include “Digestive Balance Support” and “Foundation Formula.”
The biggest difference here is that Ritual carries all-in-one super vitamins with the aim of simplicity. Persona, on the other hand, has a more custom experience. It is slightly more expensive than Ritual.
Care/of packages your vitamins together for daily packs allowing you to skip opening a ton of bottles every day. Care/of offers multivitamins, supplements, minerals, herbal supplements, probiotics, and some specialty products. Prices vary widely depending on the product you’re interested in.
Here again, Ritual is focused more on making things simple for consumers, whereas Care/of provides many more individual choices.
Vitafive is a daily gummy vitamin pack. This is made for people who don’t care for taking regular supplements or who want to make their routine a bit more fun. Their selection is more limited than Ritual and vitafive doesn’t appear to have the same rigorous science backing its products as Ritual does.
Ritual is only available as a subscription. When you make your first order, you are automatically signed up to receive the product monthly.
But Ritual does offer a 30-day money back guarantee. If for any reason the product doesn’t live up to your expectation, Ritual will refund your money, no questions asked.
Yes. You can purchase digital gift cards by clicking here. Just choose the amount, add a personalized message, then select a delivery date. Gift card purchases are non-refundable.
To apply a gift card to an existing order, sign in to your account, click the Edit button for your payment method, then select New Payment Method. You can add the gift card details there.
Yes. Simply log in to your account, scroll down to the section with products and click the three-dot icon. Then hit Skip This Delivery and click the blue button for Skip Delivery.
Log in to your account. Click Account, then scroll down to the Edit or Cancel Subscription section. You can edit your subscription or scroll down to find the Continue to Cancel button.
Ritual offers free shipping on orders in the US. When you complete your first order, you’ll receive an email from the company allowing you to track the order.
For orders to Canada, shipping can take up to 11 business days on the first order. For the UK, it’s 9 business days. (Note that after this, orders ship automatically after 30 days, so you won’t be waiting long between deliveries.)
The multivitamins are only available by subscribing. The protein powders are available as a one-time purchase.
Do you feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of supplement choices out there? Then Ritual could be a good choice for you. Their supplements and protein powders are supported by rigorous scientific research and laser-targeted at delivering real health outcomes. Their transparent model means that you know exactly what you’re putting in your body.
Ready to subscribe? Sign up for Ritual now and get a sale price on your first order.